There has been a lot of speculation (ok, I've been wondering) about which current Cap gets his likeness on a bobblehead this season. With Alex Semin and John Carlson already on their own Inova Blood Drive bobbleheads, consider them off the Fan Giveaway list. Let's take a look at the candidates!
- Nick Backstrom - Your odds on favorite. Successfully translating his blond locks into plastic sculpture could be tough, but it can be done.
- Semyon Varlamov - If done right, goalie bobbleheads are cool. If done wrong, they end up looking a lot like Michael Neuvirth.
- Brooks Laich - I would personally go for a 'Brooks Laich Tire Pressure Gauge Night, sponsored by AAA', but I'm sure the ladies would like a mini-Brooks to put on their night stands. Ok fine, I would too.
- Matt Bradley - Everything needs more Bradley, but now your bookshelf will have just enough. The real question is: is the bobblehead bleeding or not?
- Karl Alzner - Get Hertz Rent-a-car as your sponsor and include The Beard and you're gold.
- John Erskine - You could pretty much just change the name on this.
- Mathieu Perreault - Technically, it would have to be 'Mathieu Perreault Mini Bobblehead Night'...
- Eric Fehr or Tomas Fleischmann - Coach Boudreau isn't too high on the Fehr bobble, but would happily endorse the Flash version.