Caps prospect Joe Finley has been writing ‘postcards’ from this week’s Development Camp for On Frozen Blog, providing some insight into what goes into such an endeavor. In some of his postcards, Joe talks about tests that the prospects must complete, both on and off-ice. While most of us assume these would be physical tests of strength, endurance, speed or agility, I have to wonder if there is a written test involved as well. Fortunately enough, we’ve managed to get hold of a copy of the questions.
1. Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
a. In Washington
b. In Hershey
c. In South Carolina
2. Would you get into a motor vehicle with Alex Ovechkin to make the team?
b. Are you nuts?
3. Would you call yourself a ‘physical defender’ with a chance of making the team?
b. All of the above
4. Ilya was offered 10 apples. He said no in hopes of getting 10 better apples. Now no one will give him more than 8 apples. How many apples has Ilya lost?
d. Enough to buy 5 Chicago Blackhawks
5. Who wore #32 for the Washington Capitals?
a. Rod Langway
b. Peter Bondra
c. Don Beaupre
d. That scary dude that walks around telling everyone he once coached John Carlson
6. What is the speed limit on the Washington Beltway (I-495)?
d. I am Russian. This question makes no sense.
7. Do you like the end-of-practice ‘Suicides’ couch Boudreau runs?
c. I like them better than Kugryshev ever will
8. A rental car getting 32mpg leaves Hershey traveling at 60mph with 8 gallons of gas in the tank. The trip from Hershey to DC is 126 miles. Will the car make it to DC?
c. Depends on if Karl stops to get gas
9. Essay Question: In 500 words or less, explain why Jaromir Jagr is responsible for every bad thing to happen in the world in the last 30 years.